Friday, July 1, 2011

Holliday Park - A Strange and Magical Place {Photowalk}


Last Wednesday I attended a Roberts Camera Photowalk where they very generously loaned out the brand new Nikon Coolpix P7000 to each of the 25 attendees to try for the evening.  In general I was pretty pleased with the camera -- particularly its macro capabilities and exposure compensation -- and I got a few good shots with it.


As much as I was enjoying the camera and having fun at the walk, I had to call it a night early because it was so unbearably hot.  I learned an important lesson for photowalking, however: ALWAYS. BRING. WATER.

Holliday Park is so beautiful and there is so much to see there, I went back this morning when the weather was a little cooler for a photowalk of my own.  It is now one of my favorite places in the city and I am sure I will be shooting more there in the future!


No comments:

Post a Comment